BY AMPLIFYING THE VOICES OF THOSE WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY, PROJECT UPLAND AIMS TO CELEBRATE THE RICH DIVERSITY OF UPLAND HUNTERS.
Project Upland wasn’t always the outdoor community and media powerhouse that it is today. What began as a dream in the grouse woods of New England grew roots when founders A.J. DeRosa and Chet Hervey connected cross-country over a shared love of the art of upland bird hunting. East met west and the vision became a reality.
The award-winning brand began in 2014 as a cinematic short film series capturing the culture of upland bird hunting. From there, Project Upland grew into a network of popular podcasts, a social media community of like-minded hunters, and a highly successful print magazine.
“The goal has always been to leave the uplands better than we found them,” says Creative Director A.J. DeRosa. “Celebrating our culture and passing the torch on to the next generation is key. If we don’t take decisive action now, we risk losing the birds, the habitat, and the culture that is the lifeblood of every bird hunter in North America.”
Inspiring the future generation of upland bird hunters is a crucial part of growing the community. It’s important to not only pass on the time-honored hunting traditions but also the call-to-action for critical conservation issues. Time is running out for many of the upland birds that are revered by this community and the time to act is now.
To expose the uplands to the world, to capture defining moments, to push our passion and culture forward, to bring our community closer, to make us feel. These are your stories.
Project Upland exists to unite the bird hunting community around the shared goals of celebrating our tradition while advocating for sustainable habitat and bird populations. Using the power of visual arts, digital communications, and written content, Project Upland strives to capture the essence of upland bird hunting and the diverse community of passionate hunters.
PRINT PUBLICATIONS + BOOKS
- Project Upland Magazine (4 Issues Per Year)
- Hunting Dog Confidential Magazine (2 Issues Per Year)
- Hunt Rising Magazine (Industry Only)
- Project Upland – A Bird Hunting Anthology: Volume One (Sold Out)
- The Original Project Upland Podcast
- The Gun Dog Notebook
- Hunting Dog Confidential
- Endless Migration
- Morning Thunder (Coming Soon)
- ProjectUpland.com On the Go (Audio Article Series)
- 5 Seasons of the Project Upland Original Films
- 2 Seasons of the Morning Thunder Original Films
- 1 Season of the Endless Migration Original Films
- #PublicGrouse (Documentary)
- Woodcock Shooting by Edmund Davis
- The Upland Shooting Life by George Bird Evans (Coming Soon)
- The Setter by Edward Laverack (Coming Soon)
- Project Upland Community Facebook Page (Private Group)
- @Project_Upland on Instagram
- @ProjectUpland on Facebook
- @Project_Upland on Twitter
- @Project_Upland on TikTok
- NorthwoodsCollective on YouTube