The most comprehensive ongoing research in the upland hunting community.
Welcome to our annual North American Upland Bird Hunting Survey. First launched in 2018, this unique look into upland hunting culture has tracked critical data about how the community is evolving. Data from this survey has identified key trends that have informed state agencies, federal agencies, and nonprofit organizations as they prioritize their efforts toward conservation and hunter access.
Survey Ends April 17, 2023 at 6:00PM EDT
2023 Upland Hunting Gear Prizes
This year includes over $6000 (retail value) in prizes generously donated from some of our advertisement partners *
- One prize for a Weatherby 20-ga Element Upland Shotgun
- One prize for a $1000 gift card to Upland Gun Company
- One prize for a Garmin Alpha 10 and TT 15x Collar
- One prize for a Final Rise Legacy Vest
- Two prizes of one case of 12-ga Kent Bismuth Upland
- Three prizes for one case of 12-ga Kent Upland Fasteel
- Twenty prizes of a one-year OnX Elite Membership
*Limited to one entry per person, multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners will be randomly selected at the end of the survey period. No purchase is required, but the survey must be fully completed to enter. All state and federal laws apply in the transfer of firearms and ammunition.
Read official rules: Project Upland Contest Rules
In this survey, you will find questions about your demographics, how you consume hunting media, your hunting habits, your relationship with conservation, and your bird dogs.
Here are a few key things to know about this ongoing project:
- We do not share your personal data
- We do not sell your personal data or email address
- We do not sell the information gathered from this survey
Project Upland is an editorial initiative to capture the cultures and traditions of upland bird hunting. We seek to inspire a future generation of upland bird hunters to understand the essence of hunting traditions and the critical cause for conservation.